Friday, August 5, 2011

Waiting on the Lord

I've come to realize how impatient I am and that only through the Lord and leaning on Him, I am able to wait.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. -Psalm 27:14

I love this verse because it reminds me not only to wait ON the Lord but to wait IN Him. He is the strength that will get me through whatever it is I am faithfully waiting for.

Waiting has actually created in me a more significant relationship with God. At first, I tried to pull away so I could do things "my way" but once I just let go of trying to control and let Him have the control, I was able to  depend on Him.

Instead  of being impatient, I was able pray to and talk to Him about all the "worries, insecurities, fears" I've had while waiting. The more I give Him everything and have faith He is working things out to create the best possible outcome, the more He truly strengthens my heart which gives me assurance that He is here for me and motivation to keep leaning on Him.

He is my comforter and my reassurance. 
Thank you Adonai! Praise to your HOLY name!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie, I love that the Lord takes care of things in His own way and in His own time. He loves us so much. And I love you, Mama